Steve Knox - Team Manager
Steve also known as “Knox” or “Knoxey” has lived in Rossland for about 25 years enjoying the lifestyle. I have spent time as a city councillor, furniture builder and for the last 11 years working at the ski hill as a facilities manager. In my spare time I mountain bike both summer and winter as well as some skiing.
I am the unofficial ambassador of Rossland Beer Co. You can usually see me in a corner of the “factory” enjoying beer and friends. I will be the coach and manage the RBC athletic team. Basically I’ll be entering some of the races (and coming in last) to cheer my mates on, make sure the athletes enjoy and perform as well as celebrating at the end of the events. That in the picture is not a baby that is my shear pleasure of beer.
Frith Murray - Team Captain
I moved to Rossland in 2006 with my wonderful wife Jackie to live and play in the mountains. Favourite activities include mountain biking in any and all forms, skiing, camping, golfing, fishing and of course, drinking great local beer. I’m very proud to be representing Rossland Beer Co. and Revolution Cycles since 2015!
“keep it fun!!!” Whether its racing Enduro, single-speed Cyclocross fun races, 6 hour and 24 hour endurance races with Team Vomitosis or fatbike Enduros and adventures with friends and family.
Here are a few fun results:
- 2015 Rossland Fatduro – 1st
- 2015 BC Enduro, Rossland – 1st Masters
- 2016 Canadian National Enduro Champion- Masters
- 2016 Golden24 race with Team Vomitosis-4th place Team finish
- 2016 Rossland Hallowcross – 1st Single Speed
- 2017 Rossland Fatduro – Too many faceplants to count
- 2017 Golden24 with Team Vomitosis – 7th place (more laps than last year!!!)
- 2017 MooseDuro – 3rd Masters
- 2017 Rossland Hallowcross – Pretty sure I was dfl
Look forward to seeing you down at Rossland Beer Co.!
Josh originally hails from NSW Australia, but drawn by the mountains and endless fun to be had, he now calls Rossland home.
In the winter you will find him skiing laps at Red Mountain Resort or out hunting powder in the Kootenay back country.
In the summer he spends almost all of his time on the mountain bike, building trails, trail riding and racing BC Cup Downhill.
Here are some of his achievements:
- 2nd place (Pro Men): 2016 Canadian National Enduro Series in Rossland
- 1st place (Senior Men): 2016 Race the Ranch BC Cup
- 1st place (Senior Men): 2016 Panorama BC Cup
Age: 26 Bike: Pivot Firebird Favourite Beer: Helter Smelter Amber Ale
I grew up in Thunder Bay, Ontario, and moved to Rossland after I graduated college in 2014. I love all sports and competed a ton but skiing and mountain biking became my passion! I started racing bikes 13 years ago and started with XC mountain biking. I moved on to road racing with a semi-pro team in the U.S. and then to Enduro racing here in Rossland. I’ve alpine skied since I was 3 and raced until I was 18.
I still ski almost everyday and coach with the Red Mountain Racers. When I’m not out playing, I work as a Diagnostic Medical imaging technologist!
My racing career is focused on enduro these days, but I love getting out for a big adventure ride with the crew.
Here are some of my achievements:
- 2009 Canada Summer Games Team Ontario Mtn Bike and Road
- 2010 2nd place Road Cycling Nationals Criterium
- 2010-2014 (professional student)
- 2016 Canadian National Enduro 1st Overall
- 2016 BC Enduro 1st Overall
- 2017 3rd place BC Enduro Golden